Delicious bite size treats! Great for breakfast, brunch, or your next party. Sausage balls dipped in a delicious buttermilk batter and lightly fried to a golden brown. Served with a sweet maple and orange dipping sauce. The kids will love it!
Pancake Sausage Bites
- Make 20 one half inch sausage meat balls using the bulk sausage and brown over medium high heat. Shake the skillet as they brown to keep them from sticking. Drain sausage balls on paper towels.
- Add canola oil to a deep heavy skillet to about 2 inches deep. Heat over medium high heat or until the oil is at the frying stage. This should take about 8 minutes.
- While oil is heating, mix together the 1 cup pancake mix, buttermilk, egg, 2 Tbsp canola oil, and ground cinnamon. If batter thickens as you work, just add more buttermilk.
- Test oil by drizzling a bit of the batter on top. If it sizzles and starts to fry it is ready.
- Using a wooden or metal skewer dip each cooked sausage ball into the pancake batter and gently push off into the hot oil using a fork. Cook sausage-pancake bites until golden brown.
- Remove pancake bites from the oil using a slotted spoon to drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Make maple/orange dipping sauce: Whisk together in a small mixing bowl the maple syrup, yogurt, orange zest and juice.
Serve “bites” with dipping sauce for a fun brunch or breakfast along with fresh fruit.
Bisquick, Aunt Jemima, and Martha White offer easy-to-use pancake batter mixes.
Serve with a sweet maple and orange dipping sauce.
½ lb Bulk Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage
1 cup of your favorite packaged dry pancake mix
½ to 1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
Zest of one orange
2 Tbsp orange juice
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Fresh fruit, eggs, pancake-lovers, and kids
Special Kitchen Tools: