You don’t have to be Scottish to enjoy them! This awesome combination of tasty ground sausage rolled in eggs, flour, and crunchy corn flakes, then deep-fried, is sure to break the breakfast blues. Kids will love ’em, dads will take them to work, and you’ll love the fact that you can make them ahead of time!
- Put crushed corn flakes in a shallow container.
- Put flour mixed with Italian seasoning in another shallow container.
- Put egg-water in a third shallow container & whisk to mix.
- Form the ½ lb of our sausage into four equal size balls.
- Wrap each of the four cooked eggs in sausage, covering completely using your fingers.
- Heat oil, 2 inches deep, in a deep cast iron pan until slightly bubbly and hot. If you have a fryer thermometer oil should be about 350˚F.
- Gently roll each sausage wrapped egg in seasoned flour, then in egg wash, and finally in crushed corn flakes to coat.
- Place each coated egg into hot oil and fry until a deep golden brown and until sausage layer is completely cooked.