A delicious muffin for breakfast at home, on the go or at a party! Muffin tins filled with golden brown sausage, eggs, veggies and cheese baked until light and fluffy. So Easy! And... Gluten Free!
Gluten-Free Sausage & Egg Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Break Sausage Patties up into bite-size pieces and brown in a skillet. Drain on paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, half & half, salt and black pepper.
- Fill each cup of the muffin tin half way with the egg mixture. Sprinkle half the diced red bells, half the green onion, half the shredded cheese and half the chopped parsley over egg mixture.
- Divide cooked sausage between the cups and top with the remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining vegetables and cheese on top. Place muffin tin on a sheet pan in case there is any spillage.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage-egg mixture is puffy and cooked inside.
You can make these ahead of time, cool completely, wrap individually, and freeze for up to a month. Then reheat in the microwave wrapped in paper towel on high for 30-60 seconds.
Muffin tins vary from brand to brand. Some hold 1/2 cup of filling, some 1 cup, or some even more. This recipe is for an average store-bought muffin tin that makes 6.
Healthy and easy is the way to go and this breakfast fits the bill. Sausage, eggs, a few veggies and delicious Gruyere cheese creates a soufflé like texture.
For more servings, simply double the recipe. You could also use the mini muffin tins for appetizer size.
6 Swaggerty’s Farm All Natural Sausage Patties
1/2 cup half & half or 2% milk if you prefer
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 green onion, finely chopped
2-3 ounces shredded Gruyere Cheese, or Swiss
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf or curly parsley