3-Cheese Sausage Balls
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a jelly roll pan or other shallow baking pan with sides with foil & lightly spray with vegetable spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a spoon or your hands, mix together Swaggerty’s Farm sausage, biscuit mix, shredded cheddar, shredded Parmesan, shredded Swiss cheese, Italian seasoning, and milk. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- If you would like a more spicy sausage ball then add in minced jalapenos. For a variety of tastes you can make half your Swaggerty’s Farm sausage balls without jalapenos and the other half with.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and place on baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sausage balls are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Easy Dipping Sauce Ideas:
Mix together your favorite orange marmalade & a dollop of Dijon-style mustard. Mix well. Is a great dipping sauce.
Use your favorite hot sauce as a dipping sauce for the Sausage Balls without the jalapenos.
Make Ahead Tips:
The sausage balls can be made and frozen until ready to use either before you bake them or after. Either way you will have on hand for last minute appetizers. If frozen before baking just spread out frozen on baking sheet, allow to thaw and bake as usual. If baked first and then frozen allow to thaw and pop into the oven to warm up just before serving.
You can add any number of other things to your own version of our Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage Balls such as crushed red pepper flakes, chopped pecans or walnuts, feta cheese, or chopped apple. Serve with toothpicks on the side so guests can dip into sauces.Any way you choose Swaggerty’s Farm fresh butcher-cut flavor will dazzle your family’s tastes.
1 lb. Swaggerty’s Farm Premium Sausage (Hot, Mild, or All Natural)
3 cups Baking Mix such as Jiffy, Martha White or Bisquick
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup milk
Optional: 2 teaspoons minced fresh Jalapeno peppers
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Special Kitchen Tools: