- Allow the dough to thaw.
- Fry sausage, drain, and allow to cool.
- Roll thawed dough into a rectangle about 12 inches by 14 inches.
- Sprinkle the sausage evenly over the dough leaving about a 1” clear area along each of the long sides. Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Carefully stretch and pull one long side of the dough over the sausage and cheese.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion being sure that the sausage and cheese do not get pushed toward other edge. When you roll, pull other long edge over roll and seal completely. Brush edge with water if necessary to get to seal. Seal ends of roll in same fashion.
- Place on a baking sheet, seam side down, cover, and allow to rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 45 minutes or until brown. Serve hot.
4 - 6
1 loaf refrigerator pizza dough
½ lb Swaggerty’s Farm sausage (hot or mild)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Salad, vegetables, fruit, greens, gravy
Special Kitchen Tools: