- Allow the dough to thaw. Roll into a rectangle about 12”X14”.
- Fry sausage, drain, and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the sausage evenly over the dough leaving about a 1” clear area along each of the long sides.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Carefully stretch and pull one long side of the dough over the sausage and cheese.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion being sure that the sausage and cheese do not get pushed toward other edge.
- When roll, pull other long edge over roll and seal completely. Brush edge with water if necessary to get to seal. Seal ends of roll in same fashion.
- Place on a baking sheet, seam side down, cover, and allow to rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 45 minutes or until brown.
4 - 6
1 loaf refrigerator pizza dough
½ lb Swaggerty’s Farm sausage (hot or mild)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Salad, vegetables, fruit, greens, gravy
Special Kitchen Tools: