Whole Grain Biscuits & Gravy
- Gravy: Slice sausage and place in a saucepan, cooking over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Gravy: Stir in butter until melted.
- Gravy: Sprinkle with flour.
- Gravy: Gradually stir in milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir for 2 minutes.
- Biscuits: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Biscuits: In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Biscuits: Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Pat out on a floured surface to about 1 inch thick.
- Biscuits: Cut into biscuits and place on a baking sheet.
- Biscuits: Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown.
Serve sausage gravy over biscuits your way.
8 - 10
6-8 Swaggerty’s Farm® sausage links
1/2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp pepper
2 c. spelt flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
2/3 c. milk
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Eggs, juice, coffee
Special Kitchen Tools: