The perfect unexpected combo of onion rings and sausage for those who enjoy breakfast for dinner! A savory, sweet crunch with every bite. Add an egg, a side of sautéed veggies, and breakfast becomes dinner!
Sausage Filled Onion Rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay onion rings out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Look for the largest ones in the bag.
- Fill each onion ring with Swaggerty’s sausage, pressing out to the edges of each one. Spread the remaining onion rings in the bag out on another sheet pan.
- Bake onion rings filled with sausage for about 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked throughout and onion rings are crisp and browned. Bake 2nd sheet of just onion rings until crisp and brown as well.
- While onion rings are baking quickly sauce vegetables in a skillet with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook eggs to your liking. Over easy, sunny-side up or scrambled.
1/2 to 1 pound bulk Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage
8 large frozen onion rings (we used Alexi but any brand will work) + extra for serving a few tablespoons butter or oil for cooking eggs
4 large eggs
A variety of fresh vegetables - red bell pepper, green beans, zucchini squash grape tomatoes or whatever you have on hand all cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Jarred Pesto - optional