Created by celebrity chef Lindsay Autry, this sweet and savory holiday side dish is sure to be a hit! Slices of roasted sweet potatoes topped with flavorful sausage, pine nuts, and sage, then dribbled with a touch of honey!
Sweet Potatoes & Sausage
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Slice raw sweet potatoes to approximately the same thickness as sausage patties.
- Place sweet potato slices in a large mixing bowl.
- Season by adding olive oil and koshersalt and toss lightly.
- In a medium size baking dish, place slices of sweet potatoes in a shingling pattern (rows overlapping each other), then place the cut-in-half half sausage patty slices and a torn-in-half sage leaf between each potato slice.
- Cover baking dish with lid or foil, place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with pine nuts and chopped sage, place back into oven and bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven, place a couple sweet potato and sausage slices on a plate, drizzle with honey or brown sugar.
2 Medium-sized sweet potatoes, washed, and well-dried
6 Swaggerty’s Farm All Natural sausage patties, cut in half, uncooked
6 Whole sage leaves, torn in half
1 Tbsp chopped asge
1 Tbsp honey (optional)
1 Tsp olive oil
3 Tbsp pine nuts
½ Tsp kosher salt
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Special Kitchen Tools: