Make your next party sizzle with our spicy Stuffed Jalapeño Party Poppers!
Your guests will enjoy these bite size jalapeños filled with herbed cream cheese, spicy bits of sausage, topped with pepper jack cheese and diced red peppers.
Stuffed Jalapeño Party Poppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment or foil.
- Cut jalapeño peppers down the center longways from the stem to the tip. Scrape out seeds and membranes using a spoon and discard. Lay pepper halves, cut side up, on prepared baking pan. (Use plastic or rubber gloves for the part if you like or if your hands are sensitive to peppers.)
- For filling mix together browned and crumbled sausage, softened herbed cream cheese, shredded pepper jack cheese and half the diced red bell peppers. Blend until well mixed.
- Using a small spoon generously fill halved jalapeños with sausage-chess filling. Add remaining 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers to tops.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted, hot and just beginning to brown. Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes before serving.
They are an easy, go-to, party food. You can make these ahead through step #4. Cover and chill until ready to bake. Also you can double or triple this recipe for a larger crowd.