There are a couple of things you can’t be without when your company arrives; plenty of chairs and a good spread of tasty appetizers to get things rolling! Always a favorite, always delicious, our link sausage wrapped in golden brown baked pastry, sprinkled with garlic and herbs. You will be the winner!
Dressed Up Sausage Bites
- Preheat oven to the temperature suggested on the package of puff pastry.
- Brown sausage links until golden brown. Work in batches if you don't have a really large skillet. Drain on paper towels and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- On a cutting board using a sharp knife and a pastry wheel if you have one, cut the puff pastry dough into strips.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of the cut dough in a decorative manner. As you work, coat each strip of dough on one side with the egg wash. Have fun with it. There is no one way…just cut and wrap all of the sausage links.
- Brush the outside of each wrapped link with egg wash again and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. You can sprinkle the ready-for-the-oven links with some of the herbs and garlic powder for added flavor. Bake until puff pastry is golden brown & puffy.
These can be made ahead of time up through step number 5 and frozen. A good appetizer to have on hand for family get-togethers.