Try this easy, comforting white sauce pizza recipe. Top your pizza dough with creamy Alfredo sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, crispy brown Swaggerty's Farm sausage, shallots, and spicy arugula. Bake until the crust is golden and crunchy, and make it even more decadent when topped with an egg.
Swaggerty's Farm Sausage Alfredo Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove pizza dough from the refrigerator to rest for 15 minutes before using.
- In a skillet, brown sausage over medium heat, breaking up into chunks with a spoon. As it cooks add diced shallots and garlic. When almost fully cooked, toss in fresh arugula to gently wilt. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Dust a flat work surface with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll pizza dough into a 12-inch round. Do not overwork dough. You can use your hands to pull and stretch the dough as well. Place dough on a pizza pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Smear 1/3 cup of Alfredo sauce over the dough to cover. Arrange 8 mozzarella slices evenly over the sauce. Add the cooked sausage mixture to the pizza. Sprinkle with sliced shallot rings.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the pizza is bubbly, the crust is well-browned, and the bottom is crisp.
- Serve pizza drizzled with extra Alfredo sauce cut into slices and enjoy.
- OPTIONAL: While pizza is cooking, fry an egg sunny-side up. When pizza comes out of the oven, top with fried egg sprinkled with salt and black pepper.
When rolling out the dough, don't stress. The pizza dough doesn’t have to be perfectly round.
Baking time will depend on your oven and how you prefer your crust. So, cook until it is how you love your pizza.
Swaggerty's Farm Hot recipe-ready sausage would work great for this recipe as well.
3 Swaggerty's Farm Hot Italian Sausage Links (remove casing, optional)
1/4 cup diced shallots
1 shallot, cut into rings
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
1 ball fresh pizza dough
8 oz. mozzarella round, sliced into 8 rounds
1/3 cup jarred Alfredo sauce + extra for serving
1 egg, optional
salt and pepper