Swaggerty Sausage Inc. Co. is seeking an experienced Shipping Supervisor to work in Kodak, TN. Shift flexibility and extensive Forklift and distribution center experience is required.
Monday through Friday with some weekends.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for supervising the shipping/receiving functions of all outgoing/incoming products from the freezer warehouse. Leads and controls activities of company warehouse personnel.
- Front line supervision is an extremely important function for the company, positive interaction with the employees is critical as this ensures getting work out on time, efficiently, and accurately.
- Ensures shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution are performed in an efficient manner.
- Takes precautions to protect warehouse contents against loss. Retains and reviews warehouse documents and warehouse contents against loss. Retains and reviews warehouse documents and reports.
- Conducts freezer warehouse operations in accordance with established procedures and policies and keeps management informed of Warehouse activities.
- Completes miscellaneous support functions and supports area personnel as required.
- Provides direction and proper motivation to leads and line employees to ensure the daily workload is completed in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains a positive presence on the floor throughout the shift.
- Supervises all warehouse functions.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and reports as required.
- Provides new hire and follow-up training for all employees.
- Communicates with other members of management and departments to ensure that goals are accomplished.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and regulations regarding fire and other potential emergencies.
- Perform duties in accordance with BRC and Safety policies and procedures, as appropriate for the location.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Shipping Supervisor or upper management.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.
- Attentive to detail.
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Able to operate PC and use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and Excel.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for approximately 15 Employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold conditions ranging below-20 degree and freezer suits are required. This job requires the use of PPE that includes slip-resistant boots, gloves, bibs, jacket that are rated for freezer conditions. In some areas the noise level in the freezer can be loud (does not exceed 85 db).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is active and potentially requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time salaried position with an average of 50 hours a week.
- Hours of work are Monday through Friday, first shift.
- Some Saturdays are required.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a high school education, experienced forklift operator and warehouse supervision experience.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Licensed forklift truck operator.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- Extensive forklift and warehouse experience.
- Prior Shipping foreman/leadership position.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Authorized to work in the United States.
Swaggerty Sausage Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
$40-$50k depending on experience, plus an annual 15% bonus (see HR for details)
HOW TO APPLY & NEXT STEPS
As part of our candidate review process, please use THIS LINK to complete a Culture Index Survey. Survey is not a test.