- Meet the qualifications to be certified as a Security Officer by the State of Tennessee, licensed by the Department of Commerce & Insurance Private Protection Services as prescribed by the Tennessee Code Annotated 62-35 Act of 1922.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess valid Tennessee driver's license.
- First Aid and C.P.R. certification.
- Pass a background check and drug screen.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Not been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor and other alcoholic beverages or controlled substances.
- Not been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Have good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by the employing agency.
- Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and spoken word.
- Motivation: Ability to inspire oneself & others to reach goals and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills: Ability to analyze and find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Time Management: Ability to utilize available time to organize & complete work within given deadlines.
- Persistence: Ability to complete a task or course of action despite opposition or discouragement.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to effectively present information internally.
- Performs security patrols.
- Enforces badge/employee ID procedures.
- Protects property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents.
- Investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Provides any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors following the department's procedures.
- Serves as training officer to new security staff.
- May perform duties of a security manager during required coverage as assigned and performs other related duties as assigned by the security department manager.
- Work comfortably at heights.
- Sit and/or stand for long/short periods.
- Comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time.
- Operate/drive a motor vehicle.
- Indoor and Outdoor work environment.
- Routinely use standard office equipment: Computers, phones, photo copers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Fast paced environment.
- Tolerate temperatures of -20 to 100+ degrees.
Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other group status or non-job-related characteristic as directed by law.
Please pick up an application at 2827 Swaggerty Road, Kodak TN, 37764.