The maintenance supervisor position is responsible for supervising technicians in highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
2. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
3. Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
4. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
5. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
6. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
7. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
8. Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
9. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
10. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
11. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
1. Supervisory skills.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Ethical Conduct.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Results Driven.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
• 3+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (if applicable)
Authorized to work in the United States.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions related to compensation and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Furthermore, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety and/or health risk.
Any employee, who believes he or she is not being afforded fair and objective treatment under this policy, or believes they have witnessed discrimination, should promptly report the matter to their supervisor or Human Resources. The Company will promptly investigate all complaints and take appropriate remedial action, depending on the results of the investigation and the particular circumstances in the case. You will not be penalized or retaliated against for making a complaint or a report of a matter that you believe is in violation of this policy.
The Company will continue to be guided and motivated by this policy and, with the cooperation of all employees, will continue actively pursuing the goal of equal opportunity throughout the Company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the Company.