Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. is seeking part-time dependable candidates to help protect people and property, maintain a peaceful and safe atmosphere, and enforce security procedures at Swaggerty Sausage Co. Inc. Third Shift (10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.). Starting at $16.00 (including the attendance bonus).
Please pick up an application at 2827 Swaggerty Road, Kodak TN, or call 865-933-2625 ext. 153 to set up an interview.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Management reserves the right to change, and/or add to these duties at any time.
- Assist guests, visitors, VIP and employees
- Being generally friendly and caring
- Document and report all visitors, contractors, trucks/carriers entering property
- Assist with Safety/First Aid and report any suspicious activity
- Assist emergency vehicles entering property
- Controlling and directing traffic
- Monitor traffic entering at the access control booth site
- Monitor activity in/around parking lot
- Must abide by the company's drug and alcohol policy
- Relationship Management
- Public Speaking Skills
- Attention to detail
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others.
- Must possess valid Tennessee driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background check, and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws, or any city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor and other alcoholic beverages or controlled substances.
- Must not have been released or discharged under any other than honorably discharged from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Must have good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by the employing agency.
- Basic computer skills.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to work in hot/cold temperatures (0 to 100+ degrees). Must be able to tolerate a fast-paced environment, and be able to work in/outdoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to live out our Swaggerty’s principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, selfless, honest, forgiving and dedicated
- Able to hear, see and speak.
- Able to speak, read and write English. (English/Bi-Lingual)
- Must be able to handle frequent changes in priorities, and prioritize tasks/complete assignments on time
- Ability to get along with other employees and resolve conflicts
- Ability to retain information, and comprehend instructions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a part-time position. Must be able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility. Assigned work schedules include any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Swaggerty Sausage Co. Inc is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions related to compensation and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Furthermore, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety and/or health risk.
Any employee, who believes he or she is not being afforded fair and objective treatment under this policy, or believes they have witnessed discrimination, should promptly report the matter to their supervisor or Human Resources. The Company will promptly investigate all complaints and take appropriate remedial action, depending on the results of the investigation and the particular circumstances in the case. You will not be penalized or retaliated against for making a complaint or a report of a matter that you believe is in violation of this policy.
The Company will continue to be guided and motivated by this policy and, with the cooperation of all employees, will continue actively pursuing the goal of equal opportunity throughout the Company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the Company.