Spaghetti Goes Wild! Hearty mild Italian sausages, sautéed mild peppers, and delicate pearl onions simmered in tangy marinara sauce heaped over a wholesome plate of your favorite pasta. Chow!
Mild Italian Sausages with Peppers & Pearl Onions in Pasta Sauce
- Brown sausage pieces over medium heat until golden brown all over in a deep heavy skillet or saucepan. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Wipe oil out of pan with paper towels.
- Add olive oil to same pan and place over medium heat. Add peppers and cook for 5 minutes just until slightly softened.
- Add the pearl onions and garlic. Turn heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add browned sausage back to pan and toss together.
- Stir in the red wine, diced tomatoes, and marinara sauce. Turn heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a pot of salted, boiling water cook the pasta noodles until al dente. Drain in a colander.
- To the pasta sauce add the chopped parsley and stir well. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
1 package Swaggerty’s Farm Mild Italian Sausages, cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch slices
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 each Red, Yellow and Orange Bell Peppers, slivered
1 and 1/2 cups frozen Pearl Onions, thawed & drained
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup red wine (optional)
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
2 cups jarred marinara sauce
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 lb. Bucatini pasta, Linguine, Spaghetti, or other long noodle