What is better than a pretzel? A brat on a pretzel! A flavorful grilled brat on a bed of wilted slaw between a tasty pretzel bun, topped with a hot & spicy Sriracha-Mustard mix. Fire up your tastebuds!
Grilled Brats on Pretzel Buns
- Place shredded cabbage mix in a glass bowl.
- Bring to boil in a saucepan the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and celery seed. Stir and remove from heat. Pour over cabbage mix and toss well. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard and Sriracha sauce. Taste and adjust to your personal taste. Set aside.
- Grill Brats on an outdoor grill or indoors in a grill pan until puffy and juicy. (Always cook thawed links until center is no longer pink and the internal temperature has achieved 170° F.)
- Serve on split pretzel hot dog buns on a bed of wilted slaw and a slather of Sriracha-mustard and any of your favorite sides…additional slaw, potato salad, pickles.
You can now find pretzel buns at most supermarkets. They add an extra layer of flavor to these Brats. Perfect for the upcoming summer holidays!
Looking for durable, reusable, affordable napkins? Pick up some bandanas from any home goods store. They look great on a picnic table and can be laundered and used for years! The perfect look for summer.
There are such great salad and slaw mixes now available in supermarkets these days. I used a mix of cabbages, kale, shredded broccoli, and onions for this slaw - but just plain shredded cabbage works too.
Serves 4 (easily doubled or tripled)
4 Swaggerty’s Farm beer brats or dinner links
4 pretzel hot dog buns
2 cups shredded cabbage mix (in bags from produce section of grocery)
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp celery seeds
1/2 cup Dijon style mustard
2 Tbsp Sriracha style hot sauce
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Fresh sliced pickles, potato salad, fruit, a cool drink
Special Kitchen Tools:
Indoor or outdoor grill